We always accept cards on initial trip deposits without fee, but on average a $70 optional vcredit card processing fees is added to invoice for final payments with instructions to subtract this when mailing a check. To keep our trips affordable we do not build this cost into our pricing. When mid or final payments are due, it’s your choice to charge or not.
Personal checks for final payment is preferred. If you live outside the USA, bank wire instruction is available upon request.
We are proud of our prices and offer you a great value. Many other companies with large overhead may advertise great prices, but when looking into the details, you may discover that much is not included, such as transfers, breakfast or have you staying in less than desirable accommodations with few meals etc. This can significantly increase their published price. Secondly, we’re upfront with the price. There are no hidden fees. Gratuities for guides, drivers and porters and cash for incidentals is all you’ll need. Due to our long term relationships with our foreign vendors over many years, we can offer you far more than you can get on your own. Suzy is renowned as an excellent shopper and her skills to negotiate hard getting the best price without cutting corners, we do have larger groups to give you the best cost. Finally, we run a tight ship. We don’t waste money on unnecessary things. Since most of our clients are repeats, we don’t need to advertise. These savings are passed directly to you.
You have several ways to purchase travel insurance
1. Click this link http://www.travelsafe.com/?welcome=ADVGA02 and order from the TravelSafe Insurance website
When asked about Tour Operator choose “Other” found at the end of your drop down list or just leave blank.
2. Phone TravelSafe directly at 888-885-7233 and give them code “ADVGA02”
3. By US Mail. To request by email click here email us Please include your name and address
TravelSafe Insurance NEW BENEFITS & COVERAGE as of September 2009:
* No exclusion for epidemics and pandemics
* Missed Connection Benefit Up To $2,500 (amount dependent on plan
* Up to $250 if you miss a prepaid event/activity due to a change in
itinerary made by a cruise or tour operator.
* Revocation of previously granted military leave or reassignment due to war
* Revocation of previously approved time off from work
* You will also be covered when your travel plans change if you are:
* directly involved in your company’s merger or acquisition
* if they are a victim of a felonious assault within 10 days of the departure
* if family or friends living abroad with whom you are planning to stay are
unable to provide accommodations due to a covered illness, injury or death
* Those living in Florida should call 888-885-7233 to get a special rate.
* Job termination or layoff provided your employed by the same employer
for one continuous year – no longer a two year employment requirement
* Mental or nervous conditions are covered if you are hospitalized for any
length of time – no longer required to meet three day minimum
EXCLUSIVE & UNIQUE BENEFITS REMAIN UNCHANGED:
* Up to 100% cash back Cancel For Any Reason Benefit (see plans for details)
* Hurricane Warning Benefit
* Up to $300 coverage for Travel Arrangements purchased on the trip
* Hospital of Choice for Emergency Evacuations
* Up to $25,000 for Non-Medical Emergency Evacuations
* Up to $150 for re-banking fees associated with frequent flyer tickets
* Up to $150 to cover airline change or reissue fees if a trip is canceled by Travel Supplier
* Free One Call Travel Solutions Business & Concierge Services
“When should I buy it?” To answer this and many other questions, click AFS TRAVEL INSURANCE 101.
Learn more at Travel Insurance 101 http://travelinsurance101.tumblr.com
Be sure to read our AFS Heading Abroad and Tips for the Trip provided to you prior departure. These documents contain a wealth of information and can answer 99% of your questions. They can be found on tabs on the itienrary page after you register.
For money, convert on arrival. Do not order foreign currency in advance. You can, but it costs more to do so. ATM’s tend give the best rate on withdrawal, however you should check with your bank for their foreign transaction fees. To save money, limit the number of times you use ATM. Multiple ATM transactions fees can get expensive. Traveler’s Checks are nearly obsolete now. Bring 2 major credit cards and small denominations of US cash. Bring a calculator to convert any purchase transactions.
Money 101 By Rick Steves
I cashed my last traveler’s check years ago. And I haven’t stepped into a European bank in ages. Now, I get my cash from ATM machines.
Nineteen European countries — and more than 330 million people — use the same currency. Using euros, tourists and locals can easily compare prices of goods between countries. And we no longer lose money or time changing money at borders. Not all European countries have switched to euros. As of now, major holdouts include the United Kingdom, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, and Croatia. Each of these countries has its reasons for choosing not to use euros (for example, the Swiss are protecting their lucrative secret-banking tradition, which would disappear with the transparency that adopting the euro would require). Meanwhile, several Eastern European countries that have joined the EU — including the Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary, and the Baltic States — are working hard to satisfy requirements that will allow them to adopt the euro in the future.